Monday, July 25, 2011

That's Dr. Adventure to you

Sean walked in UW Commencement on June 11. His parents, as well as his Uncle Rick and Aunt Sharon from Portland, were able to join us in the festivities. We had fun texting Sean trying to figure out where he was sitting (3rd row back kind of close to the aisle). I managed to get a few good shots of him with his super telephoto lens that he left me. Through all of the graduation festivities and taking pictures, I've actually managed to learn how to use some of Nikki the Nikon's features (that's his camera).


We took a few pictures in advance to send out with the invitation so this may be a repeat for a few of you, but we like it.



Doesn't he look sharp in his sweet tam (that's the hat) & robes?




I took all of these.

He was able to sit next to one of his former roommates, Joe Dee who also just finished up his PhD.

I'm the wife of a Dr. Whoot! Whoot!








Sean was able to keep his robes for a few days after graduation so we made a special effort to get to the Harry Potter Library (Suzzallo Library) on campus. Isn't this the coolest library ever? According to the sorting hat at the Harry Potter exhibit we visited last year, Sean's in the house of Ravenclaw; that's where all the smart kids are at.




On June 24th Sean did his formal dissertation presentation and defense to his committee. They of course approved and he is completely and officially Dr. G. We invited a bunch of folks from his lab to the Ram for Happy Hour/ Dinner to celebrate. It was such a big loud group that a few folks who were seated near us opted to move. It was a ton of fun visiting with everyone.

In honor of his graduation I wanted to get Sean an ipad, but he kept declining and saying no, so instead he got a ton of UW gear.

Also in honor of his graduation I put on my domestic hat, so to speak and whipped up a tam shaped cake.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Dr. G! I love the Harry Potter library and that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Dr. G! I love the cake, too. Where are you guys off to?

    ReplyDelete