It was nice to go back to AZ so soon after our Easter visit. I flew down the weekend before my meeting to visit all of my Tucson family. Nicole was still there visiting from Kansas, and Afie's boys were still playing little league.
It was fun to watch the T-ball game and hang out in the bleachers at Udall Park. It reminded me of my childhood summers taking dance and pottery at the rec center there. I decided to be the "fun aunt" and buy a little love from my youngest niece and nephew. I took them to the snack bar to let them have what ever they wanted. I got licorice for Nicole's boy and Afie's princess announced that she wanted a "rainbow snowcone," only when she got her snow cone she broke down in tears, "I wanted ice cream." Ok fine, I'm fun aunt I don't care so I pull out more cash, "um yeah can we get an ice cream cone." The nice lady at the snack bar totally just switched us and handed us a drumstick. Being the thick headed childless lady that I am I hand the packaged drumstick to Princess S. Crying, " but I wanted ice cream." Me, "That is ice cream, let me open it for you." Crying still or again, I can't remember, "I don't want this kind" I know this is the kind she wants only she doesn't like the chocolate on the ice cream so she saunters back to the bleachers like I've totally neglected her with my willingness to purchase two snacks from the snack bar. Once seated I proceed to wipe all of the chocolate off of the drumstick ice cream producing a VANILLA ICE CREAM! and a grin from ear to ear on her face. Sweet, "Fun Aunt" title is still in check. :)

I love the picture of these two brothers walking off to the snack bar. How cute are they?
The tickets are redeemable for snacks after the game. Or as Afie's oldest says, "this is the reason I play T-ball!"
Anyway, I had a great visit and a productive trip for work.
No comments:
Post a Comment