Honeymoon May 2009
Oahu, Hawaii
We enjoyed a relaxing adventure for our honeymoon and stayed on the North Shore near where Sean's mother grew up. We enjoyed snorkeling all around the island, kayaking in Turtle Bay, touring the Dole Pineapple Plantation, and visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center and BYU-Hawaii campus where Sean's grandfather taught for many year.
Seaplane Flight August 2009
Victoria Island , BC
We had our first international adventure together. We went by way of seaplane and it was awesome! in our whirlwind weekend we toured the 100+ year old Butchart Gardens, enjoyed and evening fireworks show, ate delicious seafood and enjoyed our hotel pool. Our flight back to Seattle was booked full with a mere 7 people, including pilot and a passenger in the co-pilot seat. It was very loud (from the engines), but very fun. I "heart" Seaplanes.
Seoul, South Korea and Mainland China
I've finally Posted the draft we wrote months ago see November 2009 below.
Olympics February 2010
Vancouver, BC
We went to the Switzerland vs. Norway Men's Ice Hockey game. Sean served his mission in Switzerland so we were prepared with T-Shirts, large flag and of course a COWBELL. The game was awesome. The crowd was super into it. It was definitely the best sporting event I have ever been to. Sean's Switzerland hat has been missing since then. :( Please let us know if you see it.
Temple Open House April 2010
Vancouver, BC
Hands down my new favorite temple excluding the one I was married in. The temple is beautiful. It has tastefully simple geometric stained glass throughout that glistens in the sunlight. There are gorgeous paintings of a massive scale hung on the walls. The ordinance rooms have a beautiful mural. The temple walls and furniture are white complemented by a baby blue and light seafoam green. Sean and I would really like to get back there now that it is dedicated. What a beautiful temple with a sweet spirit.
European Adventure May-June 2010
More to come...
Celebration of Light July 2010
Vancouver, BC
Apparently Sean and I are developing a love of Canada's Seattle, Vancouver. We've been there a number of times in the last year. The Celebration of Light is a fireworks show that takes place over a period of a month with a different country competing each weekend. We happened to go to the weekend that won. It was pretty darn impressive.
Sean's 10 Year High School Reunion July 2010
Provo, Utah
Yeah, can you believe it? Sean has been out of high school for 10 years. Pretty crazy if you ask me. We had a good time at his class picnic. I was able to meet some of the people that I've heard stories about or seen on Facebook. I was also able to hang out with Trent and Candace and their adorable kids. I really enjoy Malia, she was at such a sweet age. I told her she was cute and she started nodding her head yes. It was adorable.
We stayed with Oma and enjoyed her usual scrumptious hospitality. (Crepes- Yum!) We also spent the weekend visiting with Sean's parents Ria and Ron. We were also able to stop in and see Mor Mor, Sean's grandmother on his dad's side.
It was 4th of July weekend, so we were able to see Stadium of Fire. It was fun, Carrie Underwood was the singer this year... thank heaven's it wasn't Miley Cyrus like a few years ago. We were able to hang out with Sean's high school friends, Trent & Candace and Dave & Karalee and their families. We went to yummy yummy Kneeders so I was thrilled. Their french toast is ridiculously good. We also got to see T and C's new house and played some new games. Every time we go to Utah we end up needing to but a cool new game.
Sounders Game August 2010
Seattle, WA
The Sounders have become quite the phenomenon in Seattle. So, we decided that we would buy tickets and actually make it to a game this year. I have to say it was really fun. If I was going to be willing to dedicate a significant amount of my time to a single sport. I would choose Sounders Soccer, but I am not really willing to give multiple nights a week to anyone thing. Too much to still explore and do.
Check out more pictures at: www.flickr.com/seattle-utah/
You guys have really done fun stuff! I would still love to see pictures! Although updating your blog is start... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments on my blog too! It was so fun seeing you last month! And yes... I have pics of my kid all over my house. I no longer have any wall space left. I'm gonna be in trouble when I have more kids! ;)
YAY!!! I love that you started blogging, you guys have done a lot of traveling! What great memories to have, keep on a postin'!
ReplyDelete