Sunday, October 31, 2010

Adventures in Costume

Sean and I wanted to dress up for the church Halloween party, but we didn’t want to shell out a bunch of cash on something we would only wear once. So one night when we were out walking we rattled off all of the costumes that we had and tried to piece together a couples costume. We came up with 70’s rockers. I was hoping to borrow my sister’s leather vest from high school spirit days but it turns out that she had donated it. My mom was kind enough to buy some fabric that looked awesomely like leather but was as soft as cotton so I could sew it. That’s right, I made the vest I’m wearing. Can I get a domesticated Whoot?!?



We had fun handing out candy to all of the kids. My favorite costumes included a dad dressed up as the man with a yellow hat and his son was Curious George the monkey. Another dad was wearing a sheet type get up with the Chrysler building drawn on it and then he was carrying his baby who was dressed up as King Kong. Very clever and very cute. As my nephew used to say, HAPPY ‘WEEN!

2 comments:

  1. Here is a whoot just for you! I am impressed that you made your vest, but Sean's wig is pretty great! Happy Ween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! huge amounts of AWESOME!! I think Sean's hair just makes it! Good call not spending lots of money on a costume that will only be worn once. I also learned to spend minimal time since the costume may only be on for less than an hour (oh...is that only my kid)?!?! Your costumes were seriously great! (and I really appreciate your comment too!)

    ReplyDelete