Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Valentine Adventure

So after breakfast we headed to the zoo. I have been wanting to go for awhile and Sean realized that the zoo does a special Valentine's Day feeding schedule for the animals (like the lemurs food was arranged in bouquets) so he made arrangements for us to go. We wandered around and saw all kinds of stuff. I liked the giraffes even though they were in their "house" all day. Near the end of the day we ran into Tysha, Jacob and Sawyer. Sean also saw that I made a stop off at the gift store. I thought we were just poking around but he wanted to ensure that I got a memento from our day at the zoo. I choose a pair of elephant slippers, that way he can smile whenever I answer the door in them. :)
I think it is funny that the monkey in this picture appears to be examining Sean's hand on my shoulder.
The day started around 11. Sean came by for breakfast, and he brought me flowers! I love flowers. He is soo sweet he looked for hydrangeas because he knows they are my favorite, but alas they are out of season so he settled on tulips which are the first type of flower he ever gave me. If I had taken a better picture you would be able to see that there are 5 red and 3 white (and you wouldn't be able to see my toes). The card was also really fun. It actually sings, "Can you feel the love tonight," which is from the Lion King, the musical that he took me to that evening. Sean is so thoughtful about coordinating things it is really nice.
Don't start to think our Valentine's Day was completely one sided. I made a pretty killer breakfast; I should have taken a picture. I made French toast out of Challa bread with orange zest and vanilla extract, hash browns in a large heart, eggs in two small hearts and yogurt with a fruity smiley face (strawberries and blueberries).

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I finally found your blog! You guys are too cute! Your pictures are super fun and I'm so excited you're getting married!! Amy... you are quite the smitten kitten! (Do you still have that shirt? You know the one I'm talking about... Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think it even had anything to do with being smitten. It did say something cute though... what was it?) Anyway, SO SO SO excite for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing you there! The funny thing is, once you walked passed us and were out of hearing range, I said to Jacob "When do you think they'll get engaged...it seems about time, doesn't it?!!"

    Little did we know...

    ReplyDelete