Monday, February 16, 2009

Random Adventures

January 26- We went tubing at Summit for funsies (Thank you Cherlyn for scoring us 1/2 price tickets). Don't we look disgustingly happy and cute together?
So when Sean invited me to go tubing with a rope tow I was thinking, "cool, easy little hill and I don't even have to schlep myself back to the top." But when we got to the hill I realized that I had gotten much more than I bargained for. Check out these crazy long and steep runs that have been made for tubes. I was so scared I watched Sean go three times before I was willing to give it a try (mind you like 4 year-olds were going by themselves.) Sean was great, very encouraging and patient. It was so fun to do a big outing on a week night. It's like staying up late on a school night, there's just something fun and special about it.
Saturday, January 31. Sean and I went to the International District of Seattle for the Chinese New Year. It was one of the many awesome adventure dates that he plans. We watched some amazing martial arts, drummers, and of course the dragon dancers. The finale had deafening firecrackers, but it was phenomenal (I don't know how they were able to dance for so long).
Sean did a pretty good job on this shot, wouldn't you agree? The International District looked great with all of the decorations and lanterns.
Sean's not single anymore! Hooray! (That might be because he is willing to share his coat in a chivalrous manner-- It was SO cold.)
So the real story behind this photo is that in July before Sean and I were dating we went with a group to the carnival area around the Space Needle. While we were there, Sean had his picture taken by this sign with a sad face on, because at the time he was single. It was his profile picture on facebook until we started dating in September. So when we went back to ride the carousel together it seemed only fitting that we take a happier picture with the sign. While in the area we also rode the bumper cars- where I totally whomped on him and took some fun pictures in a photo booth (We'll have to see if we can scan and post those).

No comments:

Post a Comment